The_Ticker

Photo of Lemon Milk Paper Co. products

Greeting Every Opportunity with Open Arms

After growing up in her parents’ business, Emmy Severs was inspired to start her own business halfway through her college career. As an entrepreneurship major, she leaned on her passions and creative skills, and launched a stationary company called Lemon Milk Paper Co

"The pandemic gave people the opportunity to reevaluate their passions and find something they connected with," Severs said. "For me, that was connecting back to my old love of illustrating greeting cards, this time with my iPad instead of crayons and colored pencils. I have always been a very creative person and love painting, drawing, or any outlet that allows me to be artistic." 

Her business offers stationery products in the form of greeting cards, academic planners, notepads, notebooks, stickers and wrapping paper. As far as the business name, Severs said “Lemon Milk” is the name of one of her favorite fonts and is a name people would remember.

“I illustrate the designs myself, then I send them to a manufacturer to ensure the highest quality. My favorite product I sell is the miniature planner stickers. I think they are a fun way to organize your events and tasks in your planner.”

Lemon Milk Paper Co supplies more than 160 retailers and fulfills their stationery needs. 

Severs runs her business while remaining a full-time student, being involved with Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, the WVU Fastenal Sales Team and other activities across campus. Read more about Severs.

Paul Speaker Appointed Fred T. Tattersall Distinguished Teaching Chair in Finance

Paul Speaker, professor in the Finance department, has been appointed as the Fred T. Tattersall Distinguished Teaching Chair in Finance for the Chambers College.

Read Article

Economics, Gentrification and Crime

You often don’t think of gun violence, gentrification and drug crime when thinking about business education. But one recent economics alumnus found a research niche on that topic. 

Read Article

Learning Through Service

In the service learning unit of the Chambers College's on-campus MBA program, students design, plan and execute a project to benefit a local nonprofit or small business of their choosing. This year’s projects netted big results: 

Read Article

On The Board

Rodney Williams, an alumnus of the Chambers College, has been named one of the newest members of the WVU Alumni Association Board of Directors. Elected during the November 2022 meeting, Williams will serve a six-year term expiring in 2028.

Read Article

Mountaineers Sans Frontières

Students working with the Robbins Center for Global Business and Strategy took part in an experiential learning project that combined local service with international impact. 

Read Article