The_Ticker

Photo of Tara St. Clair

Inspiring the Next Generation

Inspiring the Next Generation

Each year, West Virginia Executive magazine publishes a “Young Guns” list recognizing young professionals in the business community who drive our Mountain State forward. We're proud to share that Tara St. Clair, program director of our Encova Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, made West Virginia Executive magazine's Young Guns Class of 2023! As one of 10 West Virginia professionals, St. Clair was honored to be chosen for this year’s class.

“It was an honor to be recognized among such an esteemed group of folks from across West Virginia,” she said. “I feel grateful to have a job that I am able to serve all West Virginians and make a real impact.”

Through the Encova Center, St. Clair works with West Virginians of all ages to empower them to innovate.

“I help people in West Virginia turn their dreams into reality. Working in an outreach center under our land-grant mission, I am fortunate to serve all 55 counties and people of all ages. As the Center has grown, we have made a bigger push for supporting K-12 entrepreneurship education. I feel it is important to create a pipeline of problem solvers in order to create a better future for West Virginia.”

Goal!

Management Information Systems alumnus Jack Elliott helped the Philadelphia Union win the Supporters Shield, given for finishing first in the Major League Soccer regular season. Elliott, who played for the WVU soccer team from 2013 to 2016, plays as a defender. 

Read Article

Embodying the Mountaineer Spirit

Congratulations to marketing student Madison Bowers, who was named a Mountaineer of Distinction this fall. The award was presented during WVU’s Mountaineer Week in October 2021 and recognizes exemplary academic achievement and extracurricular involvement. Way to go, Madison! “As someone who is from a tiny town in Coal County, West Virginia, winning this award meant the world to me. I firmly believe that it takes a village to raise a kid and I am endlessly thankful to my family, friends, community, and Chambers College family, for their help along the way. Once a Mountaineer, always a Mountaineer.” 

Read Article

Just Say 'No'

Rejoice introverts and, generally, anyone who wants to decline a social invitation. Recent research by Julian Givi, assistant professor of marketing, shows that it's ok to decline party invitations. His research has gained national and international coverage: https://wvutoday.wvu.edu/resources/how-to-say-no

Read Article

Mountaineers Sans Frontières

Students working with the Robbins Center for Global Business and Strategy took part in an experiential learning project that combined local service with international impact. 

Read Article

The Economics of Ergonomics

A Chambers College student can become anything. Like his father before him, Economics Ph.D. graduate Perry Ferrell became a carpenter.

Read Article